Who Am I?

I am...creative, fun, clever, sarcastic, smart, occasionally ignorant and blissfully unaware. I am a person of strong resolve and weak personal bubble. I love to speak my mind, and listen with all my being. I absorb most everything, and feel that everything is information.

I know, I feel, I hear, I listen, I sense, I understand, not everything, and not all at the same time.

Writer by trade, and Counselor by nature. I am attentive, and intuitive, both a gift and curse. I can be right, and hate to be wrong. I am the teddy bear, that will hold our secrets, and the blanket that will protect from fear.

I want change for the better, and always look for places to plant that seed. Most importantly and the bitter-sweet truth...I am Human...don't hold against me...just go with it.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Movie Review: Thor



This movie was made, purely for the visionary artist to say "Hey, Look what we can do!". 1 part star trek, 1 part star wars, and a whole lot of parts of geek orgasm. The movie was fantastic from a visual point of view. From a comic point of view, it was pretty good too. We can never expect perfection from Hollywood when it comes to comics, but it was a decent rendition and will probably receive better reviews then the likes of Hulk and or Spider Man trilogy.

I have not kept up with Thor as much as I have the others, but my knowledge of mythology allowed me to enjoy the story anyways. I know enough about the Marvel Thor to have enjoyed the references to various things.

I can generally blame the crap movies on giving major roles to really famous people. I.E. the Fantastic four being cast with Jessica Alba and Chris Evans. However I love Natalie Portman, and Anthony Hopkins. Fantastic casting I do believe. The story was good, up until it came time for him to have his life changing realization.

"I am Thor! I deserve it."
-Hammer doesn't budge-
-1 night of heavy drinking with guy who tells you to leave town-
"Oh...I'm human...I must be charismatically chivalrous now"

This life changing, climactic attitude adjustment...happens in about 5 minutes worth of movie. The rest of the movie is good, but I wish there were a little broader of a character arch. Other then that no complaints. Could be worse....

Palpatine: Come to the Dark Side....
Anikan Skywalker: No!
Palpatine: We has cookies...
Anikan: Okay.... :D -Eats cookies of evil....gets bad contacts-

My bad recreations aside this is kind of what happens. Thor is cool, a good movie with good characters. The story is true to the comics mostly, and should be accepted in the comic world with approval.

Go see it!

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree.

    Best part is in the pet shop ("I need a horse!").

    I'm following your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I look forward to sharing my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete